Dental Implants Near You
What Are Dental Implants?
What Happens During the Dental Implant Procedure?
The process for getting dental implants involves a lot of planning, installation, integration, and placement of the final restoration. Here are the steps that the dental implant procedure involves:
- Planning: when you first visit Sorensen Dental to begin the process of getting dental implants near you, your dentist will examine your mouth and take scans to see how much bone structure you have available. To be a good candidate for dental implants, you must have healthy gums and a strong jawbone to support the screws.
- Installation: During the first step of the surgical procedure, your dentist will make an incision in your gums to place the implant screw
- Integration: Once the implant has been placed, it will be left for a period of time to heal and allow the implant to integrate with your jawbone. This can take anywhere from three to six months.
- Completion: Once the implant has successfully integrated into your jawbone, you will be called back to Sorensen Dental to have your dental crown placed, completing the process.
Taking Care of Your Dental Implants
Dental implants are extremely long-lasting, durable, and natural-looking. They act the same way as your natural teeth do; therefore, you must care for them the same way you would your natural teeth. This means:
- Brushing twice a day for two minutes
- Flossing once daily
- Rinsing your mouth after meals
- Visiting Sorensen Dental every six months for a dental cleaning and checkup