Root Canal Therapy Near You
A protective layer of enamel surrounds your teeth. When the enamel around your teeth weakens, it makes the innermost part of your tooth, called the pulp, susceptible to infection and injury. The pulp holds all the important blood vessels and nerves that supply nutrients to your teeth, so when it is damaged, you risk tooth loss. At Sorensen Dental Group, we offer root canal therapy in SE Calgary to patients with affected pulp to save their teeth from dying and needing to be extracted.
When is Root Canal Therapy Needed?
Root canal therapy in SE Calgary should be done when the pulp of your tooth has become damaged due to injury or decay. If you require root canal therapy near you, you will likely be experiencing one or more of the following:
- Painful or swollen gums
- A loose tooth
- Pain when pressure is applied to the affected tooth
- Sudden darkening of the tooth
- Persistent toothache
- Sensitivity to hot or cold substances
Sometimes, individuals can have a dying tooth and require root canal therapy near you in Mckenzie Towne without any symptoms. For this reason, it is important that you visit a dentist near you for regular checkups and cleanings at least once every six months.
How Does Root Canal Therapy Work?
Although it can seem daunting, the process of getting root canal therapy in SE Calgary is very effective and safe. The treatment can be broken down into the following steps: Your dentist will take x-rays of your mouth so that they can determine the extent of the injury or infection
- The affected area will be numbed using a local anesthetic to make you feel comfortable and ensure that you feel no pain
- Your dentist will then place a rubber dam over your tooth to keep it clean and isolated
- A small access hole will be made in your tooth so that your dentist can remove any of the affected pulp
- Once the pulp has been removed; your dentist will disinfect your tooth before sealing it
- The process will end with your dentist placing a dental crown over your restored tooth to offer it maximum protection and strength
Healing After Root Canal Therapy
It is normal to experience a little bit of tenderness and sensitivity after root canal therapy near you in Mckenzie Towne. Follow your dentist’s instructions for aftercare, and don’t hesitate to visit Sorensen Dental Group for a checkup if your pain persists.