Root Canal Therapy Near You
When is Root Canal Therapy Needed?
Root canal therapy should be done when the pulp of your tooth has become damaged due to injury or decay. If you require root canal therapy near you, you will likely be experiencing one or more of the following:
- Painful or swollen gums
- A loose tooth
- Pain when pressure is applied to the affected tooth
- Sudden darkening of the tooth
- Persistent toothache
- Sensitivity to hot or cold substances
Sometimes, individuals can have a dying tooth without any symptoms. For this reason, it is important that you visit a dentist near you for regular checkups and cleanings at least once every six months.
How Does Root Canal Therapy Work?
- The affected area will be numbed using a local anesthetic to make you feel comfortable and ensure that you feel no pain
- Your dentist will then place a rubber dam over your tooth to keep it clean and isolated
- A small access hole will be made in your tooth so that your dentist can remove any of the affected pulp
- Once the pulp has been removed; your dentist will disinfect your tooth before sealing it
- The process will end with your dentist placing a dental crown over your restored tooth to offer it maximum protection and strength